Thank you for nominating an individual for a SIGCHI award. You can find an explanation of the different awards on the SIGCHI website. To learn about nominations, the review process, and the committee members, read more about the nomination process. The deadline for all nominations is 1 Feb 2022.
The SIGCHI awards identify and honor leaders and shapers of the field of human-computer interaction within SIGCHI. We present awards in seven categories:
- SIGCHI Lifetime Research Award
- SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award
- SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award
- SIGCHI Social Impact Award
- SIGCHI Outstanding Dissertation Award
- SIGCHI Special Recognition Award
- Election to the SIGCHI Academy
For all awards EXCEPT Outstanding Dissertation, the following information is required:
- name and contact information of the nominator
- a brief summary (maximum 1,000 words) of how the nominee meets the criteria for the award;
- names and contact information of two people who are knowledgeable about the qualifications of and endorse the nominee (nothing is required by the endorser beyond their agreement that the nominee deserves the award).
If you are submitting a nomination for Outstanding Dissertation Award, please read the instructions very carefully, as this requires additional information. Eligible dissertations must have been successfully completed between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021.